Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
orspine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #18830
Question Newbie looking at Thor 19g

Hello all. New to this site as looking into buying the Thor 19g. We currently have a 2011 extended hightop van that I converted into a camper. Basic queen size bed and storage. We love it BUT with the virus going around we are thinking campground showers and bathrooms are not such a good idea.

We have owned a 24 foot class C but we like the freedom and simplicity and are able to use it as a second car. The Class C size, the hookups and tanks were not our thing, but the virus is going to force us to be fully self contained and the 19g seems about our size. The always down bed and dinette area would be great. We are retired, don't boondock. We have had several Class B's but they have their limitation too. I am 6 foot three. We spent a year traveling the US in a VW camper so the 19g will be a palace. We live in Oregon and the kids/grandkids live in ID and TX so we enjoy trips to each twice a year.

Question: As I look at the 19g's, the older versions had a fiberglass dome on the front sleeping area that had lots of headspace. The newer models have a flatter top and less headroom. With class C's we did not like the limited headroom in the above the cab sleeping area. Anyone know of a reason why Thor stopped making the dome front?

It is because the more aerodynamic newer models meant better mileage? Or problems leaking?

Any thoughts on the differences between the older and newer model?

Thanks and happy traveling!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum