Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 08:12 PM   #23
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMN View Post
Update: After it sat for 4 days at my house without turning the switch off, it was completely dead. This was a new battery installed by the dealer and the coach was plugged in to 30 amp power the whole time. I had to have a mechanic come an pull the battery, re charge it and put it back. It is a big hassle and as a woman traveling alone, I don't like the idea of going out, removing the hood,and reaching into the engine just to start it up. It must also be connected to raise and lower the electric shade. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow but several helpful guys have suggested that I have the switch run to the dash so I could turn it off and on from inside. Has anyone done that?
Something is obviously causing a drain on it. Thank you for all your help.
You can have them install the switch anywhere that is convenient, but as I stated before the switch should be an option, nice to have. You have another problem that should get fixed.

To help your peace of mine, I suggest you focus your energy on finding out why you could only go 4 days before battery went dead.

Tomorrow tell or ask your dealer this.

1) Why is my Charger NOT charging my batteries when connected to shore power?

He will likely ask did you have in USE mode? If you don't know the answer that may be your problem. You may need a quick orientation on how to use the Use / Store switch.

If you can confirm you had in Use mode, there is issue that they must fix. Get that fixed first. When fixed you you be able to go 5 years if plugged in shorepower and in Use Mode.

For later (if you pursue the nice to have option)

If you ever need to park someplace where you don't have plug in shore power and plan to leave RV for a few weeks or more, it is nice to have that switch to disconnect the battery.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum