Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 01:37 AM   #26
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMN View Post
Update: After it sat for 4 days at my house without turning the switch off, it was completely dead. This was a new battery installed by the dealer and the coach was plugged in to 30 amp power the whole time. I had to have a mechanic come an pull the battery, re charge it and put it back. It is a big hassle and as a woman traveling alone, I don't like the idea of going out, removing the hood,and reaching into the engine just to start it up. It must also be connected to raise and lower the electric shade. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow but several helpful guys have suggested that I have the switch run to the dash so I could turn it off and on from inside. Has anyone done that?
Something is obviously causing a drain on it. Thank you for all your help.
That is an ABNORMAL situation. As others have pointed out:

1 - Your chassis battery should be able to go months without being plugged in and still be able to start the vehicle - just like a car battery.
2 - When plugged in your Vegas is designed to charge both the house batteries and the chassis battery if your USE/STORE switch is in USE.

Since your "technician" recommended you "should turn off the engine battery whenever I'm stopped for any length of time, even if I have shore power" he probably recognized the coach had an issue and was just trying to get you out the door. Your brother-in-law was RIGHT to be skeptical.

They need to make the RV work the way it is supposed to. They need to load test the chassis battery as it is probably toast if it has been drained like this several times.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum