Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 02:24 AM   #10
Islandsmith

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Washington
THOR #14595
Update to my original post. The day I first posted we were getting packed up for a few days in Eastern Washington. I figured that since the fridge was working on shore power I'd be OK to be a few hours without power and risk spoiling any food. An hour into the drive we stopped for gas and I noticed the control panel for the Xantrex was back live and showing that while the engine was running I had 13.7V incoming. I don't know when it turned back on.

Once we got to our destination (Sun Lakes) and were plugged into 50A shore power everything worked just fine.

Coming home same thing, everything was just fine. However, once we stopped the engine and got in line for the ferry the voltage drop on the Xantrex control panel could be observed changing pretty quickly over the hour we were waiting. When the fridge kicked on the voltage drop caused the alarm to ring and display an Error 01 code - low voltage.

I'm going to pull the batteries because it seems like one of them might be bad. Doesn't seem like the voltage should be dropping that quickly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.