Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 07:53 PM   #42
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Fridge Defend Install

I installed my Fridge Defend yesterday. It took me most of the day by the time I did my best to digest the multiple documents, web searches and video's recommended by the ARPRV website. It was not difficult just took some time. I would not recommend anyone attempt the installation that does not have a basic understanding of electronics. The one thing I was worried about going in was installing the boiler sensor and that turned out to be simple.
I had an issue with the fan not coming on, even though the top section of the cabinet was very hot. I did find the fan test so I know they work but could not find the set point for the fan temperature control. I emailed Paul and this is the response I got "Hi Bruce, sounds like you need to download the manuals" which I had done and read through a couple of times before and during installation. Now I am the first to admit that I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer which is why I felt the need to ask for help but that response was uncalled for. I have not given up and will post updates as I progress.
One thing I noticed on my Thor Hurricane is that there is a 5” high by the width and depth of the refrigerator dead space above my fridge that is nothing but a heat trap so I filled the empty space with fiberglass insulation and that seemed to help the heat transfer from the top of the fridge into the RV living space. The sides were insulated but not the top so much of the heat was escaping into the living space rather than out the vent.
If someone knows how to change the temperature for the fans will you, please post a reply or PM me?
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.