Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 08:42 PM   #5
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontihog View Post
Hello,

I have a question, what stops the slide out when extending? Is it the slide out frame itself?

I have a full wall slide on a Miramar 34.2 and it seems the wood moulding on the inside of the coach flexes on the rear of the slide when it comes to the stop of the extend.
It seems the slide should stop maybe a 1/4 of an inch before it stops, but it seems the motors want to pull it further before they stop. I can actually see the vertical wood moulding flex in a tiny bit when the slide reaches the end. The front of the slide doesn't do this.

I was thinking of adding a reinforcement bracket to the back top of the slide and moulding to hold it steady.

Has anyone had this issue of the molding flexing?

Thanks

Ponti
There is a aluminum tubular frame in the wall surrounding the slide. There is metal electrical conduit cover for the upper motor's power cable screwed into the wall. There are aluminum "angles" screwed to the inside of the slide surround's vertical edges . When the aluminum angle comes into contact with the coach's wall, the slide motors stall and the electric motor brake is applied. If the molding is moving, I would assume the slide's metal angles are twisting. You probably do not see movement on the smaller slides because the smaller slide motors have about 1/2 the torque of the full wall slides but the vertical metal angles are the same.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.