Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 12:26 AM   #9
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncarolyn View Post

Batteries are hot. Shore switch is on use when not connected to shore power correct? Shore power means cord from outside not generator, correct?
So, I have 12 volt if
1. Connected to shore power and shore power switch on.
2. Disconnect shore power and switch to use, try to start Genset and 12v dies.
3. I can start chassis engine and restore 12v after 30 secs. And then start genset.
4. If I kill genset, 12v dies.
Just to be clear, when you say "hot" do you mean energized, as in electrically, or warm, as in thermally?

Much of what you describe indicates you might have dead batteries. The batteries may not necessarily be bad, but rather discharged. Check the water, and if OK, try to charge batteries for hours before running your tests again.

I don't have one of these RVs, but if you have been leaving the switch in STORE mode, and the house batteries don't charge up, they can go to zero charge after a few weeks or less. If so, they won't have the power to start a generator or power much else.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.