Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #1
eenie34@hotmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 23U
State: Missouri
THOR #17298
Angry House Batteries and Generator Running By themselves!

I have a Fourwinds 23U that is acting very strange. When I drive down the road the generator comes on all by itself. When it is parked at my storage unit I keep getting calls that my generator is running. When I get there the house batteries are in use(radio is on) and the generator is running. This has happened at least 6 times in the last month. Service company doesn't really know what to do - they want to replace a wire in the generator( at least 4 hours labor) thinking this will take care of it. My question is how are the house batteries turning on by themselves? i figure the generator is turning on when the house batteries get too low. Does anybody have any ideas? HELP!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum