Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Dead batteries
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 06:52 PM   #24
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Thors are wired that way too. If the converter is on it is powering the 12 VDC buss. But unless the USE/STORE switch is in USE (or the battery DISCONNECT switch is not disconnected) that 12+ VDC voltage (and current) will not flow to the batteries and charge them.

So what do you think the difference is between your Winnebago and Thor?
The difference is in what happens when switch is in Store for Thor versus Off for Winnebago.

When the Switch is in Use for Thor and Switch is On for Winnebago they both do the same thing.

But in my coach if Shorepower is connected; and I attempt to put switch to Off; the Winnebago does not allow you to turn Switch Off. It stays On 100% if shore power connected. If I flip the breaker at shorepower or simply unplug the source; then I can turn the Switch to Off in Winnebago or Store for Thor.

The difference is that Thor appears to require you to take an additional step if you have hot shorepower and want the charger to operate... you must make sure the Switch is in Use mode. Why I think it is confusing to the common person (of course if you learn it, or know it; it is not a big deal), but I suspect a lot of people that don't know or remember are thinking they are putting their coach is Storage for extended time. They may have shorepower available, plug it up and then go to that switch and put it in Store mode, which if I follow does not power the charger and thus they return to a dead battery not knowing why because they had it plugged into shorepower. If I have scenario correct, then the Coach I have does not do that.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum