Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 04:00 PM   #6
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propwash View Post
I have similar concerns with my 2018 Axis 24.1. I was very disappointed to find that each tv has a short HDMI cable attached in it's respective area, but no routing to a common HDMI connection point/switch to enable connecting all three to my DISH sat box!

I would have to run a HDMI cable out my kitchen window down to the outside TV to have it and the living room sets connected, but it would be just about impossible to route back to the bedroom tv.

My sat box output does have a coax output that I can feed back out thru the kitchen window, then plug in to the external cable connection. By having the bedroom and external sets selecting "cable" rather than HDMI source, it will give me low resolution on the external and bedroom sets...but that is not my goal!!
Not sure if you’re still interested in performing an HDMI run from living room/kitchen cabinet to the other two TVs in your 24.1.

I completed this feat.

1) get a 3-way HDMI splitter

2) need to remove the microwave to gain access to run the HDMI across and down

3) once micro cavity is accessible, you can fish-line a 12’ HDMI cable down the side wall to the under-sink access for outdoor tv connection

4) the rear TV is a bit of a challenge. Get a 25’ HDMI cable. From the living room/kitchen cabinet, go across the passenger side wall. Behind micro, behind fridge, into the upper U cabinets across back to the cabinet next to bedroom
TV. Then use an “A/B” HDMI switch so that you can still use your DVD player.

The TV coax remains in place so that you can still use over-the-air channels as well.

I just love the set-up as all three TVs can display DISH Wally programming, or watch a DVD, or watch over-the-air

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum