Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Dead batteries
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #40
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Cavie,

I have update and correction. Using my Onan AGS screen I can see the effect of charger turning on or off with the On/Off button even though the LED stays green.

In RV it go up to 13.2 volts with the switch being pressed, or a slow dropping if I hit the switch again. I guess because I never use the switch; it is / was always On for me short these test to try to turn it off.

At current I don't see where or why I would ever go to Off given that I have Shore power.

But thanks staying with me on this. It is clear now
All,

I have a correction to the correction.

I am on vacation today in the RV and thought I would call Winnebago to get the details.

Per Winnebago (one phone rep anyway), I was right about my assumptions or noted experience with Switch being foolproof if you connect Shore power.

1. It is NOT possible to turn off the charging to the House batteries of my 29VE when Shorepower is connected.
2. With Shorepower; 110vAC goes to the entire coach and no switch will stop or turn off.
3. The converter when it has 110vAC input power works in 3 stages and sends amperage to the House batteries based on voltage at the batteries.
4. They state the voltage measurements may look erratic at times due to this staging and delta of voltage at the battery versus voltage from the battery. But if the shorepower is connected the charging is on.

With that said, Winnebago says if you plan to leave RV unattended for anything longer than 2 weeks. You should...
1. Disconnect Shore power
2. Turn Disconnect Switch to Off
(This scenario is only time I would bother with switch)

There are no relevant parasitic drains to be concerned with on this coach unless coach is wired improperly, or aftermarket add on direct to the battery. This also eliminates Sulfate concerns.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum