Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 01:08 AM   #23
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenie34@hotmail.com View Post
I always store my RV with the house batteries in the storage mode it is popping on by itself.
If this is true, you must have two problems

If you leave switch in STORE mode then there is no power, so Genset cannot possible start.

If you claim that the switch somehow changes by itself from Store to Use yiu must have defective switch.

That was problem #1

Problem #2 is for Genset to turn on by itself. You are not clear on whether you have AGS controller or not... ?

Lets assume you do. Mine is will turn on generator by itself if House or Chassis batteries hits 12.2vDC or if the Thermostats makes a call to turn on the AC based on set temperature. Bu the AGS need to be in Auto Mode to do that. Place AGS in Manual mode and this issue is resolved with the auto start

If you do not have AGS, the wiring from inside is wrong. I would have them verify the right leads are connected as you may have wires crossed that is sending signal to generator calling for it to Start.

The suggestion you got for disconnect switch is the simplest cheapest way to to stop for sure.

On a side note, is another dealer an option? This should be easy fix for qualified RV tech.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum