Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Dead batteries
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 01:25 AM   #46
hikerjohn7

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #12281
Master Switch Totally Isolates

[QUOTE=dkoldman;235268]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerjohn7 View Post

Bingo you got it, a smart feature it is!!!!!

The genesis of my angle is before I bought a coach I was 90% sure it was going to be a Thor. So confident, and based on leanings from this forum I pre-bought 2 of the marine type cut of switches. One for House and one Chassis. I have those Marine switches on my Boat and they work flawlessly. But as fate would go; I bought a 29VE Winnebago. But I found I could not drain my batteries with shore power on. So I went ahead and had the Dealer install one of the Marine Switches on Chassis battery. But the built in Standard Switch for House batteries works as it is intended (or no parasitic draw). When I disconnect shorepower and turned that switch off, there is NOTHING on. Nothing. AGS controller, gas detector, inverter etc are all off.

With that said I have an extra Marine Switch No need to put 2 disconnect switches on the House batteries in my case.
Interesting that they may have finally saw the light in their engineering of their RVs. Maybe they do read these posts.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum