Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #1
Snarltoof

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24HE
State: Minnesota
THOR #11527
AC current leaks into DC circuit Refrigerator problem

I've had a problem with the Dometic 2652 refrigerator since I first got my RV new in Feb 2018. The fridge stops working and the "check" light goes on randomly -- maybe 1 - 4 times a day. Doesn't matter whether or not I'm on shore power. I took it to the dealer, they kept it for a week, "couldn't replicate the problem," and charged me $200 for the diagnostic. The dealer is 100 miles from me, so I really don't want to bother with that again.
So for the past couple of years, we'd all just keep an eye on the fridge and when the check light goes on we just turn the fridge off then back on again and it's good for a while.
I finally got some time to look into this, so I got the diagnostic manual. In section 4, DC Voltage Requirements, it says "the Dometic control system will only tolerate up to 6 AC volts on the DC line." I tested the DC line at the refrigerator's main DC terminal block, and it reads 28v AC. I got the same ~28VAC reading from the other DC items I checked, and I also got the AC voltage in the wiring panel between the main 12V post and the ground bar.
What would you guys do to fix this? The fridge is probably fine since the DC circuit is way outside the specs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.