Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 09:42 PM   #19
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
wow, that's a lot of panels, gonna be a nice set up. Puts my single panel 100W set-up to shame.

Those panels are bit different size than mine...how many watts total are you planning?

I have loosely planned the option so that I could add one or two more panels but I doubt that I will on this MH based on current needs.

Your antenna is in a different spot than mine. I think yours is where it's supposed to be. By design there's a metal plate in the roof for mounting it there...but mine is further back for some reason, over the stove.

Anyway, I ultimately didn't go through the roof there because while I could get it into the upper cabinets there, I couldn't think of a way to get the cable to the lower cabinets and the battery....well also because I was trying to avoid additional penetrations in the roof, but mostly routing.
Well you could take it rearward to the fridge box and down, then back forward, but that's adding a lot of cable.
I thought about dropping it just exposed in the corner over behind the driver's seat where it wouldn't be seen by the slide, then through the floor and under the coach.

Ultimately I dropped mine into the black tank vent stack into the void behind the drawers under the closet in the bedroom, then through the cable chase Thor put in the floor going to the under bed area. Turned out to be a great way to get to that electrical area.
There's a storage compartment above the steps that's right underneath the entryway. Looking at exit, thinking down through the roof, to the left, down the behind the passenger seat to the battery box. Clean, simple and one or three holes to mount the monitors and charge controller.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum