Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 03:31 PM   #34
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I thought this attachment might be of some little help to you.
Done back when I was playing around with ideas.
the panel rectangles are scale based on this panel kit
https://www.renogy.com/renogy-100w-12v/starter-kit/

A suggestion, call Thor and get the roof drawings based on your vin in case it's different than mine. Without "cad" or a decent pdf editor, an option would be to print it out, then to scale make some cuttouts of the panel size you're considering, then you can move them around on the roof drawing to play with ideas.

I used the drawing for "brainstorming"
I got up on the roof with my stud finder to verify location of the metal frame and marked it with pencil
Then I could be more certain of landing the screws into structure.
and for waht it's worth I ended up with a single panel on center line, between the AC and the front roof vent. I'm very happy with that part. Plenty of room all around for cleaning and roof maintenance and seems like a good position. I was going to include a photo but I cannot believe I don't have a picture!

The only thing I'm not happy with is my controller and breaker location. I mounted the controller under the bed, and added breakers on both sides so I could turn off the panel to the controller and turn off the controller to battery. As is, I have to put out the slide to raise the bed to get at it. Your location will be tons better.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf roof.pdf (217.9 KB, 17 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum