Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #25
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncarolyn View Post
So, I discovered the problem thanks to Thor techs Chuck and Brian. The batteries were wired wrong. I received a schematic from Thor and verified the correct connections and problem was solved. Had Camping World call me today and they discovered three 2016 units wired wrong as well. Thanks for all of yall's help.
Can you describe what was wired incorrectly? Others may benefit from your experience. Makes me wonder what else is wired wrong in RVs that is never identified or fixed. Quality control across the industry seems questionable to me.

A related question: On the diagram it shows coach batteries being able to connect to the chassis battery through an Emergency-Start solenoid and some relatively small wires/cables. It also shows power has to flow through a 100-Amp breaker.

I'm not familiar with these kinds of breakers, so I'm asking if they can handle much higher current for short periods to start a V10? With a dead chassis battery you may need 500 Amps or more.

Or is the intent here to transfer power from house batteries to chassis battery over a few minutes and then try to start engine? Or am I missing something else?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum