Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Utah Route 12 !
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 12:47 AM   #34
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
I just wanted to quickly resurrect this thread to include info that might be of use to someone. I accidentally missed my turn onto Rt 12 and went down 29. Why, I was so taken with the scenery, I completely forgot to look for the sign. Yup, blew right past it. I'm so glad I did. Go down 29 about 20-30mi. I was running out of daylight and didn't want to press my luck, especially after I discovered I missed my turn.

Got ahead of myself. Bryce Canyon was due to open in a day or two. In the mean time I had a very pleasant chat with a wonderful young lady, a Park Ranger. Very pleasant and very helpful. She suggested I make 'The Loop' if I was looking for something to do.

Look for 29 near Torrey Canal. Follow the signs to Capitol Reef. I went from left to right and glad I did. The views just kept getting better and better the more I drove. If I'd went the other way, the thrill would have been gone after Torrey.
I can not find 29? 12 dead ends at 89 between Hatch and Panguitch and ends at Tori at 24. 12 is great between Escalante and Boulder. I have not gone past Boulder yet. I’m camped in Panguitch right now. There are some great hikes off of 12 if you are willing to go 5-20 miles off road.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.