Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #19
mcr1010

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick104 View Post
Snip I'm still looking for a funnel with a flexible spout so I can add oil to the engine as needed without spilling oil on the engine. SnipNick
I have not been able to find a commercial oil fill rig available that was long enough to reach the oil fill spout. There may be one available online or at a truck service center, but it was to easy and inexpensive to make one.
I use a standard funnel and a piece of hose jammed onto the outlet. I used a piece of old garden hose the first oil change, but it was a little to stiff to suit me. I have a piece of clear flex tubing now, maybe 1/2" x 36" lg., available from any hardware store attached to the funnel now. If you are adding the oil yourself without help, you will have to hold the funnel up above the windshield wiper to get the slope needed to get the oil to flow. I routed the hose behind the wipe and applied a little duct tape for security to hold funnel and hose in place as I usually do not have any help available. I take the rig with me in case I have to add oil on a trip. Never needed to so far in 12k + miles.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum