Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 11:06 PM   #4
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, firstly you should be congratulated for loaning your coach to a nurse working to save people during this pandemic, but afraid to go home to “potentially” infect his/her own family. Cudos to you and him/her for risking your situations in life to help.

So I am not sure how familiar you are with AC and DC power systems in RV’s, and don’t want to be insulting with my questions. I don’t know your coach at all, but a quick look up on net seems to indicate no factory stand alone inverter or inverter/charger (is this correct?)
......so I assume you have the basic stand alone converter (converts 115vac to 12vdc to charge coach batteries and power DC fuses, lights fans etc)?

I am just trying to understand how running the vehicle engine (alternator providing 12vdc) to charge chassis and coach batteries would enable your shore power (AC circuits not on an inverter output– like a blow dryer etc) to function. If we assume your use/store is latched on, then the 12vdc from the alternator would reach the coach batteries and DC fuse panel as well to operate your DC circuits OK. You are saying though that 12vdc is required to operate AC circuits. So are the AC circuits fed from the output of an inverter (12vdc converter to 115vac output?). Sometimes clarifying the problem specifics helps with the solution.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.