Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 03:20 AM   #13
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRider View Post
I am hoping someone can clear up the following questions.

Thor, Tuscany 45 AT, 2017.

As you can see from the picture I on my Firefly control panel it displays 2 lines with the voltage and Amps on each line. My question is do I have a total of 50 AMPS when adding the two lines together, or is it 50 AMPs on each line?

Not really a fan of "turn everything on and see" so I thought I would ask the group.

Thanks in advance.
Yep, 50 amps per leg. Just understand that if either leg goes over 50 amps, the breaker is gonna trip and both legs will be dead. Also remember that 50 amps is 240 volts L1 to L2 just like your electric range in you house. People think it is different in an RV than at home but they are wrong. They say" it's 2 legs of 120 volts" and that is exactly what is. No different that at home.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum