Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by V. H. View Post
Hi:
We have a 2013 Thor ACE 30.1 and we had
an issue where the coach disconnect switch quit functioning. We took it in to a RV repair shop in Saskatoon where they replaced the solenoid for that switch and now the chassis disconnect switch is constantly on. When I asked for an explanation they informed me that this motor home only had one solenoid for both switches and that both switches were connected to the same solenoid right from the factory, which was placing too much of a load on the solenoid causing it to burn out. The RV repair shop has unhooked the chassis disconnect switch from the solenoid so now the chassis switch is constantly hot and in essence there is now no disconnect for the chassis.

Have you ever experienced any issues with your disconnect switches and do you know if you have a separate solenoid for your chassis disconnect and your coach disconnect?
I have never heard of 2 switches for one disconnect. Chassis and house are 2 different systems. Sometimes they are combined for emergency start, but there should be 2 solenoids. You really should not need a chassis solenoid unless something is draining the system. Put a disconnect switch directly on the battery if you feel the need. Any autoparts store or HF. about $7-$10.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum