Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 03:15 PM   #26
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
i don't think soupy is coming back but after rereading this i feel the need to qualify a few things to help a newbie who reads this understand.

First is the tittle of the thread. power to the main switch. The rv has two electric systems. One 12 volt and one 120 volt. Generally speaking power in the rv system means the 120 volt system. The main switch would be the 120 volt main breaker. What soupy is calling the main switch is the "battery disconnect switch"

the question from 16ace27 was spot on. "discribe "it". He asked before i could.

we have checked the breakers and fuses in the main box as well as the one in the engine compartment. again there is a combination of terms in this statement. Breakers = 120 volts. Fuses = 12 volts. Main box = 120 circuit box. "one in the engine compartment = the 12 volt chassis 12 volt fuse box.

A person has to be well versed in rv systems to follow what is being talked about here. So far we somehow seem to be on the same page with the 12 volt electric system.

Let the nitpicking begin
Click image for larger version

Name:	What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
Views:	42
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	23920

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.