Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 11:38 PM   #42
crater

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano
State: Idaho
THOR #18821
I just had to reset a few times and then remove and re-scan the QR code and finally got our Winegard ConnecT 2 (LTE + Wifi) unit on our 2020 Delano working. I connected it to the house wifi to update and play with all the settings. I noticed when scanning for LTE that it picked up T-mobile. They officially only seem to support their own plans as well as Verizon and ATT.. but I'm able to set the APN to whatever i want so i suspect T-mobile and any similar provider will actually work if you have the correct APN settings.

We have Google Fi as our phone carrier which runs over T-mobile, US Cellular and Sprint (If your phone is capable of it it will switch to the one with the best reception). The data is $10 per GB, till 12GB (on the entire plan, in our case 3 phones) and then its free/unlimited. On the surface this doesn't sound great compared to some of the cheaper ATT plans, until you realize you may not use it for a month or you may use much less. In this case I don't pay anything.

I'm waiting on a Data only sim (Totally free from Google Fi) to arrive so I can swap it into the unit and then update the APN settings and see if it works. I would just try my cell phone sim.. but my phone(Google Pixel 3a) has an e-sim so no sim card to remove. Will report back for anyone else interested once it arrives on how it goes and what steps I take.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum