Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
steve2777

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Siesta 24ST
State: Ohio
THOR #15089
Air conditioner just stopped

We're out for a few days at a FHU campground on a hot, humid day, and last night the air conditioner, a Dometic Penguin II 13.5k, which had been working normally, shut off just as the temperature reached the thermostat set temperature. At first I thought it just went off because it reached the right temperature, but it never came back on, even after an eight degree rise. Also, it seemed odd to me that both the compressor and the fan had stopped, even though I had it set on "low" instead of auto, and the fan should have continued to run.

Went through all of the normal checks, circuit breaker, main breaker, even turned off and on the 12v switch so the firefly tablet screen would recycle. No luck. When I turn the a/c on from the tablet screen, there's an audible "click" from the a/c, but nothing else. All other 120ac appliances work normally.

Is there some fuse or breaker up in the a/c unit itself? Or do I cut the trip short and head for a dealer? It is still under warranty. Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum