Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 06:19 PM   #14
Terminex

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 37LS
State: Nebraska
THOR #1630
crappy wire connections

I had similar problems with my outlaw frmo time to time.

It ended up being the wiring connections behind the radio.

Thor buildrer (also known as clueless monkeys, who give monkeys a bad name) use simple butt connectors, and did not ensure that they were crimped properly. I cut off off the connector and soldered the wires.

once I did that everything was perfect from then on.

BUT, I got sick of using the radio for all of the cameras didn't like that I could only view 1 at a time.

I recently installed a couple 7" LED monitors ($25 each from amazon) on the dash on either side of the gauge cluster. I wired them in to the cameras for each of the side mirrors.

Remember that the video from the rear view, and mirror cams goes into a control box, and then just a single video feed is sent to the radio.

I spliced into the feeds going from the mirror cams into the distribution box to also send the signal to the displays.

Then, since I was doing all that wiring & soldering, I decided to also splice another feed from the rear camera wiring. I then took the rear cam feed, as well as the output from the distribution box (all 3 video feeds controlled by the turn signals) and ran those 2 feeds through a simple 3 way switch, and then in to the video input on the radio.

This allows me to control what I want to view on the radio - rear only, or all 3 cams as it came from the factory. (i..e rear default, and then a mirror cam when the turn signal is activated)

Hope this made sense.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum