Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Rear cap screws
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 06:43 PM   #4
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
My entire rear cap is shifting as we travel.
Both sides have screws that loosen up or just fall out.
The panel around the cord reel actually ripped after the first repair last year.
After the 2nd repair most of the screws fell out within 600 miles. On a plus, the screws falling out probably kept the panel from ripping again.

I put a 1 foot long piece of blue painters tape stretched tight from the center of the cap down to the trailer hitch.

Just moving the trailer over in my driveway had the tape go out of alignment.

Right at-just above the belt line - the horizontal trim you can see the clearcoat has star cracks or crazing where something on the inside is pushing out.

After any given trip you can feel along the sides in that area on one side or the other and can feel a slightly raised area from something inside pushing out.
Duane,
This is only half the fix. I think all of this is the effect of the problem. I believe the problem is that the rear framed wall is shifting side to side causing a lot more movement then really designed. If you keep fixing the effect and never address the problem it will just keep happening. There have been two reports now that securing the rear wall stops or minimized the shifting of the rear. I will be posting up a write up on that also.the first guy that ever posted it could not explain his pictures so it was really confusing. Hope this explains my thinking.
Ryan

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum