Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 07:37 PM   #4785
tgsmith4845

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: California
THOR #12011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Belisle View Post
SuperD, Halfprice
I am new to the Thor forum, just purchased a 2012 32a Hurricane. I am not familiar with the CHF of the front sway bar. It sounds like it improves handling, but do you loose something. Turning radius or ? I need to crawl under mine and take a look. It handles well already but I am all for improvement. Thanks for all of the info. I am working my way through all of the posts and gaining a ton of knowledge.
Welcome to Thor, Rod. I bought a 2018 ACE 30.4 (F53 chassis) a few years ago and one of the first mods I did was the CHF front and rear. Pretty straightforward, tightens up the front end, reduces roll/sway. No real downsides from my experience. You’re not touching the steering elements so no change in turning radius.

There are tons of videos out there. Here’s one that explains the CHF pretty well. https://youtu.be/MozieIP58PY

Take a look at your rig. I’d be surprised if someone didn’t already do the CHF. If the drop links are connected to the end holes in the sway bars, the CHF has not been done yet.

Using the stock drop links for the CHF puts the sway bars at a funny angle, reduction the torsion. Installing adjustable drop links will allow you to get the right angle on your sway bars if you want.

Tim

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.