Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 08:12 PM   #33
Capt.Tom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15940
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Wow ah man!!!!! I guess I can add that as another difference with the electrical wiring of the two manufacturers?

I have 3 ways to start my Generator

1. Factory inside wall switch
2. Start/Off button on the 5500 itself
3. Factory Installed Option EC-30 AGS that also has the prime feature.

Based on what I just learned, I ....
1. Disconnected Shore power
2. Turned my Disconnect Switch to off
3. No Power Could not start with Factory inside wall switch
4. No Power Could not start with EC-30 AGS Controller Switch
5. No Power Could not start at the 5500 itself

So I conclude on my coach if that Disconnect Switch is OFF, then my Generator ain't starting no matter what, which I see as a good thing. As Stop mean Stop, Off should mean Off When I turn OFF ain't nothing happening off the House batteries.

So for OP his best case immediate fix is what Cavie suggested; which is put Disconnect Switch on House batteries. From what I have learned for a Thor you will need that ANYWAY even if his Genset was not acting erratic.

I purchased a disconnect switch to install because of parasitic draining of my house batteries. The 1st set didn't last a year. They are very common on boats, i don't know why not on motorhomes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.