Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Rear cap screws
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 03:11 AM   #7
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
2 Ideas....
1- A couple I know had continuous issues with their rear cap moving. The had the cap removed to see what else was broken and found that most of the screws were missing... only 4-5 screws were holding the rear on. Most of the trim screws missed the rear cap flange.
2nd idea- If the rear cap can be removed and the rear wall braced at the corners or spray-foamed all the areas that can be, it would help eliminate flex. If you have a solid rear wall with no window, Memphis model- you could spray foam the entire wall area.
And then reattach the cap with backing strips all the way around.
I’m pretty sure that you have to pull the rear window to remove the rear cap. There have been two guys saying that the rear has been rock solid after they braced the the rear wall. One did a write up but it was confusing and he could not answer the questions I had for him. So I’m going to do it the way that I think it should be done and do a write up on bracing the rear wall in another post. This is only part 1 of the fix.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.