Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #1
Cabreco

Brand: Dutchmen
State: Tennessee
THOR #18972
Connecting Both A/C units to run at same time

I have a 37 ft 94 Dutchmen with 30 amp electrical service that is factory equipped with 2 Coleman RVP 7000 rooftop A/C units. In the back room, there is a switch to run either the front or the rear, but not both.

I am going on the presumption that this is to avoid electrical overload.
Now I know there are newer more efficient units that state 2 can be run simultaneously.

My question is this: Can the OEM units be connected to run simultaneously and the coach builder only separated them to be cautious, or can I bypass the switch and run them both?

This would be mostly for night time sleeping. The RV doesn't really cool down much in summer with just one. I understand that this would limit what else can run at the time but given that the old tube tv's have been replaced with flat screens etc, can it accommodate?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.