Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 05:40 PM   #6
Fmoffatt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: British Columbia
THOR #9503
Interesting.....So that is why there is a plug on the inverter to pass thru ac current to the downstream plugs wired to the inverter when plugged into shore power? Kinda like an internal transfer switch? I removed the battery connections...but the cabling runs from where the inverter is (at the very back of the coach)...long battery cable runs are not good....batteries are at the very front of the coach.

Now I have to figure out is how the AC output from the inverter is wired to the plugs when not on shore power....still puzzling. Could they have done separate inverter AC wiring runs to those plugs? That would seem like alot extra wiring and cost....if so then then that is how the inverter AC pass thru maybe powering those plugs....I am guessing probably not because when I took the inverter out, shower power still worked to those plugs.... any suggestions?

I am thinking that I want to put a 3000w inverter into the coach and connect more plugs to it but I need to figure out the current inverter wiring first.

Txs for the help

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum