Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 08:09 PM   #17
IDguy

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
My DW is starting to go stir crazy and is pushing to get going. She's scheming trips much smaller than yours, but coming up a bit sooner....one RV trip in June and one non-rv in July.

I'm sorta going along because there is no winning for me....but I'm not really on board. She's imagining focusing on things such as nature trail hikes, beach visits staying away from crowds, and she's imagining some very limited and careful visits to maybe one or two restaurants, maybe some tourist shopping, etc....

For me it falls apart because there's no way to to really keep away from exposure. Every gas station stop is a small risk, You can't properly clean the food and things at restaurants, can't put incoming groceries and stuff in a 2-3 day hold like we are doing at home, etc... When you go places eventually you'll have to go visit a restroom....more potential for touching surfaces or crossing paths with people in close quarters..... it just goes on and on....

Anyway the point I was originally going for....in our case we'll be going for a week so if we get sick we'll be home before it hits most likely. At 6 weeks, it's possible that it could hit you while on the road...and now you're miserable in someplace strange, without a support system, in quarantine, and worse case at the mercy of whatever hospital system is in that area.
Much more likely to have something else than Covid get you! I know a lot of people have trouble not getting drawn into the thing the media is focused on but be realistic. You are much more likely to be in an auto accident when traveling in your RV than contracting COVID19.

You will have no issues traveling. Consider boondockerswelcome.com. Also get and use US Ultimate Public Campgrounds App. Many out west do not have reservations. One of our favorite type CGs are county fairgrounds. Up to full hookups for $20. Good news is no Fairs this year so lots of availability. The App will show you where and provide gps cords. They don’t need reservations either.

Currently in Zion National Park which reopened camping a few days before our res. Been RVing in OR, NV, Utah, WA, and ID (home) since March w no issues.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum