Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 10:57 PM   #345
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Well I’ve read 2 years of posts. I’ve done everything but remove the freeze up thermostat wire from the fins. On an 89 degree humid day I’m down to 81. Tonight I’ll remove the probe and let it hang. It can’t hurt.

I’m heading to NC coast next Sunday. It’s worth a try
Define "everything".

What is the temperature of the air coming directly out of the air conditioner vs the ambient air in the coach?

My coach is the same size as yours. On a 90+ day out in the sun if I start at external ambient temperature it will not get below 82 until the sun goes down.
If I start the day at 72 and leave the air conditioner set for 72 coach temp will rise on a hot day to 76 - 78. If I don't draw the floor to ceiling current I have installed to separate the cockpit area it will get much warmer even with windshield reflectors and curtains drawn.

A single 15 KBTU A/C can only cool so much.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum