Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 07:01 PM   #26
OldWEB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Sounds smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
First of all, I should probably assume that you are joking about the 62 cycles having any affect on the clock, but just in case someone else is confused by the comment, rest assured that unless you have an older 120 volt clock with an electric timer gearmotor, your clock will not be affected. Most clocks today convert the 120VAC to a low voltage DC which powers the timers ( usually IC's ) that create their own counters. Their counter rates are completely independent of the 120 Hertz A.C. source.
Now I am confused that someone would post before checking the facts. IF a clock (most likely made in China) is connected to the power grid, it will use the frequency to time the ICs. With less parts, it is cheaper and easier to construct, remember I mentioned China. They can and may add the counter, also if it is battery operated, it HAS to have its own counter. I maintained the diesel generators on many isolated sites and it almost did not matter what digital clock there was, it needed to be reset. We would have a battery operated clock beside the plug in AC style to monitor the frequency over the long term, always.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.