Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 01:50 AM   #30
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
For what it is worth as an electrician I know exactly how the adapters work. An existing 30 amp service has 3 wires. A 240 volt service would require 4 wires. You tell me how you would plug in your 4 wire cord into a 3 wire cord and have 4 separate wires into the existing 30 amp RV. Neutrals and grounds are and must be separate. It is very obvious the 2 hots have to be separate. You would have to remodel the 30 amp RV service with a new panel with a double pole main breaker and service cord.

Yeah, I know how adapters work too, but you’re not reading what I’m writing, but picturing the very opposite.

I’ve been referring to a 30A 120V/240V “new” standard that would bridge the capacity gap between 30A 120V and 50A 120/240V present RV electrical standards. And I’m saying it would be possible for existing 30A 120V RVs to plug into a future 30A 120/240V pedestal using an adapter (which already exist).

See picture below which may clear this up. It really doesn’t matter because it is unfortunately not going to happen anyway because economics don’t favor it enough.

Picture below from below:

http://www.myrv.us/electric/Pg/30amp_Service.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E9331B12-5786-4397-B6DB-20766EFF9EB9.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	24031  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum