Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 04:04 AM   #5
Jann

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #19030
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Hi, one hurdle at a time wins the race (or finishes it, at least). I am not familiar with a 2017 ACE but if it is similar to a 2013 the cigar lighter dash outlets are powered by fuse 22 (20 amp) in the Ford Power Dist Box just above the air filter housing in the engine bay. The PDB can be a bear to open.....if you don’t know where the latch is....and I am attaching a picture to show you the secret handshake with the PDB......if yours is like mine.

Do you mean the A/C (air conditioning) and heating control panel is hanging out of the dash? There should be some kind of retaining screws or clips on the side of the panel that will allow it to snap back in place. Look inside the dash space where this panel belongs and see if there is some threaded standoffs that would mount the A/|C control panel normally.

Regarding the Axxera radio....lots of info on that if you search the forum. I don’t have that unit, but check for a fuse in behind the radio itself and there is a small reset hole in the face plate that sometimes gets that radio back on track. Use a small solid toothpick to press the reset button.
Thank you very much! We will try one at a time . I thought the problems were related...shows you my knowledge.
The AC panel hanging off had clips that were apparently glued on and broke. Don’t know how to fix this. My brother-law tried to epoxy them back but that didn’t work.
I tried all the suggestions I read in the Forum pertaining to the Axxera radio and nothing has worked. I thought maybe it was a fuse common to all the issues because all these electrical things happened at the same time. I will check the box under the hood for the 20 amp fuse. Thank you!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum