Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 01:10 PM   #32
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I'm gonna say this one more time and then I'm done. The new service is 30 amp 120/240 volts 4 wire. Your camper is old with the existing 30 amp 120 volt wire plug. Yes you could plug into it with an adapter but you would not get any benefit from it. You would have to use and adapter and get just 120 volts. You made it sound like the old 30 amp 120 could make use of the 240 volts. The only ones able to make use of the 240 30 amps would be new trailers. Then we would have 3 systems to explain the newbies and a bunch more adapters. Like you said. Ain't gonna happen.

What the hell? So now instead of admitting you either can’t read or were flat out wrong, you change your statement completely and “now” claim that that was what you were saying all along? Give me a break.

There is nothing wrong with making mistakes if you accept responsibility, we all make mistakes, but this kind of misleading communication to save face at expense of other person will ensure people will not want to communicate with you at all.

The point that was made was that during transition period if campgrounds updated pedestals to provide up to 60A of total capacity on a new standard, that older motorhomes could still plug in and get their 30 Amps. So the “benefit” an existing 30A RV would get is that it would get 30 Amps instead of zero.

Let’s just drop it since it’s not going to happen anyway, and I have better things to do than arguing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.