Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: AC
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 04:09 PM   #5
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey&Reina View Post
Hello,
We have a 2018 31s Windsport and while we live in Florida and plan on going camping during the summer, we originally purchased our RV to take trips out west, Arizona, Nevada etc during summer vacation for the kids. We only have one roof top AC unit and I am beginning to wonder if that will be sufficient to cool or coach during the summer in both of these very hot places. Has anyone had any issues keeping cool during the day with a similar coach and one AC unit?

Florida only gets to 90s and the humidity is what kills you but last time we were in Sedona without the RV it was 115.
It is just very expensive to upgrade to 50amp and install another AC unit.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
The one 15,000 btu A/C and handle up to about 95 degrees in the shade and about 85 in the full sun during the summer. I have camped in the 31S with one A/C in the 95 degrees full sun in San Antonio with Reflectix covering all the windows. The inside of the coach got to about 88 degrees in the afternoon. The inside would cool down to 78 about 10 pm. It takes about $2,200 in parts and wire to change from 30 amp one A/C to 50 amp 2 A/Cs with EMS. I did all my rewiring and had a RV shop install the rear Mach 8 heat pump. It should cost about 5 hours to rewire the coach @ $135 per hour. Any good electrician can do it. It doesn't need to be an RV shop.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.