Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 10:30 PM   #1
Lambob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arkansas
THOR #3396
Wiring for a Dish Tailgater on 2013 ACE?

My wife has given me a Dish Tailgater for our 2013 ACE 30.1. I would like to use the outside cable feed to hook up the satellite to get Dish on both of our televisions. I realize that I can only mirror cable on my bedroom television without rewiring the MH. That is fine. I do not want to do a complicated rewire and the same channels on both TVs at the same time is fine with me.

The wires for my televisions culminate in the cabinet behind our main TV. I have taken off the signal amplifier and it is wired as follows: white cable from outside to amplifier; orange cable from antenna to amplifier; and, black cable from amplifier to splitter and on to both televisions.

I would like some ideas on how to rewire to include a satellite receiver and still get OTA antenna on both of my televisions. The MH is only wired for coaxial cable, but both TVs are High Def and will accept HDMI cables. I know I can run an HDMI cable from my satellite receiver to my main television, but my second TV is not wired with HDMI, only coax. However, regular signal is fine for me in bedroom. Can anyone help?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum