Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 07:22 AM   #26
JeeperCamp

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #19051
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Welcome to the forum. I don’t know what battery management system a 99 Fourwinds coach uses, but I am attaching an Intellitec schematic as an “example” of a typical battery management system (may not be what you have). The isolator relay in the middle is a typical “old Ford style starter relay” which operates when the control pins receive +12vdc and ground. It stays operated as long as control voltage is maintained......it is not a latching relay. The two relays on either side of the isolator relay are latching relays, which will stay either latched “on” or “off” depending on the polarity of the voltage applied on the control pins of each relay. They stay in that on/off position when the control voltage is removed.

So it is possible that the previous owner of your coach tried to replace a failed latching relay with a regular (non-latching) relay. It is also possible that something is just not wired correctly. You need to determine what battery management system you have and how it is supposed to be wired. Pictures may help the forum help you; or someone else with your coach/year may jump in with the required info.
Ok thank you, that sort of clears some things up I’m just fuzzy on what or how the momentary switch works to switch the polarity to the latching relay or if another piece of my puzzle is missing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum