Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 03:11 AM   #4
GMac

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
State: Texas
THOR #1793
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambob View Post
gmac-

thanks for the reply and merry christmas!

I have no experience with electronics and i hope you don't mind answering a few questions:

1. Did you install the dual coax plate and what is the purpose of running the cable to the dual coax plate? I guess i am asking what it does and why you didn't run satellite cable directly to the satellite receiver?

I did install. Purpose is to organize the coax and cover any wire holes. And yes you could run the wire directly to the receiver. My wallplate just adds a connection at the wall and could add a possibility to get a loose connection.

2. Did you then run the coax from the dual coax plate to the receiver? It looks like that is what you did but i want to make sure.

Yes it runs thru plate to receiver.

3. "i also connected avi cables to a rf converter and connected that output back to the coax wall plate." i am confused about this statement. It seems to me that you ran the satellite cable to the coax plate and then used the other coax plate connection to run coax to the satellite receiver. If so, how did you connect the rf converter output back to the coax wall plate?

My receiver only has a coax/ant in. Output is either hdmi or avi(red, white & yellow). The hdmi connects to dinette tv. In order to distribute back to system thru my ant booster switch i needed to create a coax out from the satelite receiver, thus avi out to a rf converter. The rf now has a coax/line out which feeds original booster switch (via wall plate).

I did look up all of these terms, but i am still confused. Thanks for your help. Bob
My responses are included in your quote.

i hope this helps.
Merry christmas.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.