Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Ems
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 12:30 AM   #46
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
I have an external unit. After seeing a photo of one installed in the coach that took a hit and burnt up part of the coach... I agree, the further away the better. I also camp in some small county parks and like being able to test the pedestal before hooking up. Whatever kind you choose, I too think they should be mandatory.

I have a friend that had, they think, converter failed and burned his coach and house down. The insurance agent came to his one wall remaining house and ask where the rig was. He showed him molten metal a few wires, molten rims, and a lot of carbon black. He and his wife were lucky that they were up early going on their honeymoon to Africa. They did not have time to get their pack suitcases sitting by the front door. Flames were shooting through before he could turn around and grab them as he stepped out. He had his new rig two weeks. Went out with it for a weekend. It can happen to any electronic device. Famous are main power connectors and transfer switches along with power reels and breaker boxes. You got to open them up and make sure the connections are tight and do not loosen up. A lighting strike destroying a EMI protection device is not unheard of. Our power plugs in out home will do the same thing!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum