Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 01:51 AM   #5
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte534j View Post
I dont know the details of your vehicle- but you probably dont have a harness built into your car. You will need to run new wires for the brake controller. Its a bit challenging, which is why i posted this tutorial.
What i did wound up not working because the OEM wire size was too small for the current and run length. I am sure on your vehicle being very long you will need fairly large (12-14 AWG) wire for the brake controller.

Good luck!
First of all, incredible job, gte! I had a 24.1 until last year and faced the same dilemma. I now have a 37' Fleetwood that doesn't have that issue, so it became moot.

As for others, they don't HAVE to go the route that you did, if (like me) they feel that is beyond their technical abilities. There is the Curt Echo, a wireless brake controller that plugs into your 7-pin outlet. It is incredible and gets rave reviews. The best part about it is, once you program it from your phone, the info is stored locally in the Echo, so even if your phone died (or you lost connection while driving, or it was stolen, or...) the Echo will still know to control your brakes just the way you told it to. The ONLY thing you would lose would be the ability to manually apply brakes, and that would only be until you re-established your connection. It doesn't have to be to your phone; it can be to ANY phone, even a spare!

Here is a link to that product on etrailer.com . It gives a good description and almost 200 reviews of that product.

https://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Contr...IaArP2EALw_wcB

Good luck to all!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.