Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 05:43 PM   #353
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
I have done everything, including moving the thermostat wire. Running both a/c units I get about a 12 degree difference between the inside temp and the outside temp.
Just got back from Galveston today and have about had it with all the water running down the sides of the MH. I have got to find a way to stop it. Why Thor doesn’t put gutters on just makes no sense to me. I didn’t notice that the water was collecting in one of my toppers. Just a mess.

Well I suspect your AC unit it just not up to snuff with some of the others I have talked to on this forum. Might need to get it checked out. Im getting 42 deg right away out of my closest air vent within like 5 minutes of startup. Im seeing about 20 degree difference. I think most members are seeing like 15 - 18 deg differnce?

If my Axis is in full SUN it struggles to cool it down properly. But I can still manage about 75 - 76 deg in the living areas (But 78/ 80 in the cockpit with Relective bubbles in all the windows. I need to put a curtain up front to block that area off and see what happens - im loosing too to much cooling power from the cockpit in full sun).

If Im in full or 1/2 shade (esp on front windows) I can pull down to 72/74 deg when 90 - 95 outside. And like 65 (or less) degrees at night! So I crank it down before I go to bed then turn up thermostat to 72 / 74 so the AC dont kick on too much until morning hours.

After reading about the "Soft Starts" I think I would install a 2nd unit on your RV with 30 amp service (and Soft Starts on both AC units).

I also thought about installing a soft start on my one 15K unit since they say its much quieter on startup (im a light sleeper) and you can run off 15 amp serice in a pinch.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum