Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 12:06 PM   #11
Skywrench

Brand: DRV
Model: Full House JX450
State: Arkansas
THOR #17747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
My agent told us that it's a rv, chances are whether you're full-time or not, most people submitting a claim on one won't be from sitting in the driveway, but who knows where, basically he said "don't ask don't tell". In 10+ years of full-time we submitted 1 claim on the truck (very small) & 1 on the RV (VERY big), each happened 1/2 way across the country apart, neither time did anyone from the insurance company ask if we were fulltiming in it at the time, both were settled without any problems.
As to which is best, only you can determine that!

The reason I tell them that I’m a full timer is so they have no reason to deny my clam. Insurance agents are there to sell you their insurance. If you end up with a total loss on a 100k coach and the adjuster finds out you were not truthful on the application, they may have legal grounds to deny your claim. I don’t want to give them any excuse.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.