Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 03:36 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I usually just use google maps (you can even download area's to your phone/tablet if you know you'll be in an area without cell service).

I get myself well aquainted with the route before going: Use google to route it, then use streetview for the interesting and/or tricky turns, exits, etc. (Using streetview allows you to pickout landmarks to watch for: "Oh take a turn by the big ketchup bottle", "Left at the Taco Bell", etc.) By the time I leave I pretty much know the route well enough that I don't need turn by turn directions.

If its a multiple day route I'll review the next days leg at the overnight stop (if WiFi, cell allows--the overall trip review will prepare me for whatever is at the stops).

If you really want a turn by turn device: Many people swear by the Garmin units. There is even an RV specific one that you can program your rigs dimensions in and it will guide you around roads you won't fit on.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum