Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 03:50 AM   #2
Dwain65

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakeman48 View Post
I have a 2016 Thor Hurricane 35C. Two weeks ago the furnace worked fine. The other day I was walking by the MH, which is plugged into house 120/20 amp, and heard the furnace giving a "click/werring" sound. I unplugged the electric and it stopped. I then turned the MH switch from Store to Use and the "click/werring" started again. At one time a blower in the furnace kicked in and was blowing cool air out the furnace exhaust. Now all of this is happening with the thermostat in the OFF position. If I put the switch in the Heat position I get the same sound but, the furnace will not ignite. Propane is at 3/4 Full.
Any ideas what I should look for???
I have a few questions, Don't shoot me...

1. Did you double check the supply valve for propane at the tank, is it full open?
2. Switch should be in USE to enable the HVAC control board
3. The heater fan will continue to run for a few minutes if moved to off as part of a timeout sequence (cool down the furnace assembly after running) - normal
4. The furnace will not attempt to light until the fan has been running for at least 60 sec.
5. Check for mud dobber, or bees nest in the exhaust tube.
6. Pull cover off the system and inspect for nests or debris inside of the housing..
7. Once cover is removed you will be able to see status lights on control board. Pull your Atwood book and check LED sequence codes for potential faults.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum