Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 10:15 PM   #30
Vern

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Missouri
THOR #17907
One year Owner

We have had our 2017 24.1 for almost a year, 16,000 miles. It had 6,000 miles on it when we bought it – it was in perfect condition.

We have been from Montana to Florida and will head to Colorado very soon (grand kids), with Honda Civic in tow.

The unit is so easy to drive, almost like a pickup. The only real problem we have had so far is the coach batteries. Totally my fault for letting the water get below plates – toast!

I agree with the luxury issue – if you want more you have to pay more. This unit is a great unit for the price.

Normal complaints – the quality of the couch leaves a lot to be desired – very uncomfortable. We are contemplating recliners also. Second is the lower storage units on the passenger side leak when it rains and collect water in the bottom. I have replaced the gasket and still have the problem – I will try a different type of gasket. In the meantime, we use large seal-able plastic containers in the storage units and have drilled several small holes to eliminate standing water.

The last issue is the size of the shower – but we knew that when we bought it. I had a cab-over camper that had a one piece fiberglass shower/sink/toilet that only required a shower curtain to cover the door. It was great and I wish THOR would consider something like that. I can manage but the wife prefers the campground showers for safety sake (easy to lose balance).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum