Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 10:58 PM   #72
twovillagers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #17456
Great Ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysiek View Post
I just replaced the folding sofa bed in our 2015 Axis 24.1. While the entire slideout area was exposed I covered the floor with one layer of Dynamat.
Also, I removed ( and cleaned) the house batteries from under the stairs and built enclosure by covering all openings. I have applied more Dynamat to the walls of newly created battery box as well as the underside of the step, covering the battery. I still need to slide under the coach and apply more of Dynamat to that box, storage boxes on both sides and wheel wells. That will be the last insulation job. Right now the noise level in my coach dropped to 57db. Here are few pictures.Attachment 24250Attachment 24251Attachment 24252Attachment 24253Attachment 24254
Those are some great improvements. I wish I had thought about the slide when I replaced the sofa with recliners-but, I still have the opportunity of the battery area!

Thanks for sharing!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum